ADTO is the authoritative voice of dental technology in Ontario, which makes ADTO.ca the ideal choice for posting ads related to the dental industry.
This Help section answers the most commonly asked questions on posting a Classified ad, including step-by-step instructions.
1. Do I need to pay to post an ad?
Posting of ads is free for ADTO members. (To learn how to become a member, click here to request information). Non-members can also post ads for a fee of C$49.00*.
2. How long will the ad be posted online?
By default, ads are posted for 120 days. However, if you wish, you can set an earlier end-date for your ad.
After this period, the ad will automatically expire. You may renew or repost the ad for an additional period. Once again, this is free for members, C$49.00* for non-members.
3. Can I post images with my ads? Is there a fee for this?
You may post up to 3 images with your ad, with the file size of each image being a maximum of 3MB. There is no charge for posting images for either members or non-members.
4. I am an ADTO member. How do I post an ad?
If you are an ADTO member, follow these steps:
- In the main menu, go to Classifieds > Post Ad
- If you haven't already done so, you will be prompted to log in or register
- Once logged in, you will be redirected to the Add Ad Posting page.
You will then be able to post your ad details:
- Enter a Title for your ad (e.g. Sales Manager: $85,000 + benefits)
- Select the most appropriate Category from the list
- Enter a Short Description (max 10 words) which should be a brief overview of your post. This is the part that will be seen on the main page of the Classifieds, so choose your words carefully. Make it interesting so your potential target audience will click to learn more!
- The Full Description is what visitors will see after they click on the ad. There is no limit on words, so pack in as much relevant information as you can.
- Click on the Calendar icon to select when the ad should become active. Keep in mind that all ads are subject to ADTO admin approval, so it may take a day or two for the ad to go live.
- Ads will typically remain active for 120 days. If you wish to take the ad down at a different date, you can click on the Calendar icon on the next line and pick a new date.
- Add tags that will help prospects find your ad
- You can post up to three images to appear with your ad, with each image a max of 2MB. Click on the Search button in the Media section; navigate to the image file on your computer, and upload.
- In the Meta section, you can post your contact details. Not all fields are mandatory, but remember to post at least one method of contact.
- In the Maps field, you can enter your postal code. The system will automatically map the location withing your ad.
- Review all your information, then enter the captcha, and hit Submit Item
- If you need help with posting the ad, you can contact us through our online form.
5. I am not an ADTO member. How do I post an ad?
- Ad Title: (e.g. Sales Manager: $85,000 + benefits)
- Ad Category: (Choose from Careers: Dental Lab, Careers: Sales/Management, Careers: Denturist, and Dental Labs For Sale).
- Intro Description: (Max 10 words) This should be a brief overview of your post. This is the part that will be seen on the main page of the Classifieds, so choose your words carefully. Make it interesting so your potential target audience will click to learn more!
- Full Description: This is what visitors will see after they click on the ad. There is no limit on words, so pack in as much relevant information as you can.
- Contact: Email or postal address, or phone number so responders can get in touch with you.
- Price/Salary: Add a Sale Price (e.g. for Dental Labs) or a Salary Range (for job postings).
- Images: You may attach up to 3 images, with each image a maximum of 2MB.
Once we review your ad, we will email or call you with payment instructions.
6. How long will it take before my ad is posted?
*Plus applicable taxes